Monday, January 10, 2011

oh no, SNOW!

This is the snowiest Monday I can remember, at least since the great Blizzard of '78.
I was 18 years old, my boyfriend was heading back to college, and all I could think of was how inconvenient the snow was at that time.

Today, I am thinking the same thing. I do not like snow. As a matter of fact, I get to the point in winter where I become very house bound.

The airport measured over 36 inches of snow this weekend. I think we have just a little over 2 feet at our house. It's 2 feet too much for me.

The kids, however, are in heaven.

Mike took them outside Saturday and each one of the kids built their own snow fort. He took food coloring and water to spray on the tops of their forts so they could each have a different color house. When I looked out the window, it was a colorful town set up in our front yard!

Mere had a stash of snowballs in hers, to the point where there was hardly any room for her! Tara had chiseled out a hole big enough for her and both the dogs! The cold air kept forcing them inside, but they would drink hot cocoa and go back out. One time Mike even took hot cocoa out to them and they sat in their little igloos and enjoyed it better than any they have ever had in the house!

Me? I did my part by sending the camera outside for Mike to snap some photos! I just do not like snow.

Today, the kids are disappointed that they have to go to school. After the weekend of being snowed in together, I am ready for the bus.

With all the kids in school (except Bella), I think I will enjoy a little less winter mess today...and continue to dream of summer sunshine and NO SNOW!

No comments: