Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back from Jersey...

I am so thankful that I live in a world where access to my long distance grandsons is possible.

Bella and I had a great adventure last week. We boarded a bus that carried us to the airport in Chicago, then caught a quick flight to Detroit, which eventually carried us to Philly. It was great to meet up with our second oldest daughter, Jenni, from Oregon, and Scott, Britt and the boys. We talked the entire way to Scott and Britt's house and had a great visit. I thought I would list some of the highlights of our trip.

1. Singing hymns and spirituals (lead by the driver!)with strangers on the bus. What an interesting time!
2. Waiting to board the airplane that Bella insisted calling a "space ship."
3. Trying to keep a seat belt on Bella while on the plane. Yeah, right.
4. Using an airplane toilet while Bella waited in the seat alone. (Where could she go, right?)
5. Bella anxiously looking out the airplane window, just to fall asleep right before takeoff...she missed it all!! (But caught the bright lights of the city when we landed back in Chicago at the end of our trip!!)
6. Running through the Detroit airport with a 25# backpack, dragging a sleepy Bella, then making it into our flight JUST before the doors shut. We barely made it!!
7. Seeing my baby grandson looking so big and beautiful (hadn't seen him since birth!!) and getting those long awaited hugs from the big boys!!
8. Watching the kids play with the puppies.
9. Going to a hibachi grill and seeing Kaid's eyes light up with the antics of our personal chef!
10. Shopping for beads to make necklaces!! Learning how to make them the right way!
(Thanks Jenni!)
11. Shopping. Eating out. Laughing. Talking. Crafting with the kids. Decorating cookies, eating birthday Mudslides, and Carrot cake! Enjoying Sweet Potato Fries in Ocean City!! YUMMY.
12. Watching Jenni go surfing in 40 degree weather. She was warm, (thanks to Scott giving her the warmest wet suit!!) but tired. Scott, on the other hand, was freezing!!
13. Gathering shells on the beach and competing with Jen for the best find.
14. Holding Keane, playing with Keegy and watching Kaiden dance. What a hoot!
15. Laughing with Britt. Going to my first IKEA store...oh, the plans I have now!!
16. Giving 11 puppies their first vaccines.
17. Watching the boys play guitars, jump on the air mattress and chase the puppies.
18. Watch Scott play his guitar with the worship band at their awesome church.
19. Meeting Scott and Britt's friends and putting faces to the names we've been hearing about.
20. Making it to Philly completely without a GPS, and the adventure of it all!

There were so many things crammed into our days in Jersey, but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I hated seeing the boys cry when they dropped us off at the airport. Bella said, "Mom, we're gonna miss those boys, huh?" Oh yeah...

I was sorry to leave the day before Keegy ended up in the hospital with a bad virus. I always wish I was closer to them, especially when one of them are sick and I wish I could help out somehow.

Bella made it through her tonsillectomy/adnoidectomy with flying colors once we got back to town, so now we settle into our spring routine, wishing for nice weather so our camping schedule can begin soon!

As this spring trip to Jersey came to an end, I am thankful the most for family to love, places to visit, and loved ones who welcome me. Our time went so quickly, but I have many pictures and wonderful memories to carry me into our next visit with those adorable grandsons!!

No comments: