Monday, July 25, 2011

Liberia on my mind

Not that I am counting the days, but exactly 13 days from now, I will be in the air and on my way to meet my boys!!

I am sooooo excited!! I have been packing bags, making diapers to take to the babies, and deciding what else I can possibly fit in the suitcases that might be useful there.

I am also thrilled to finally meet the stateside director whom, until this trip, has only been an encouraging voice on the other end of the phone! I have enjoyed getting to "know" her, and now meeting her is going to be awesome!! I already love her concern and heart for the orphans, and she amazes me with all she does for "her kids."

Since our boys are housed in separate foster homes, I hope to spend as much time as possible with each little man, and get to know their individual foster families. I have a few gifts for the boys to take with me, but mostly, I am so thankful for the time to love them, hold them and get to know these little miracles that God has blessed us with.

We have a few items that are still hanging out there from the government before we can complete the adoption, but things are moving forward. Unfortunately, we can never guess what that time frame is, but we continue moving on until it's all complete.

I can't wait to look into my sons' deep brown eyes and do my best to convey our love to them. Although they are an ocean and many miles away, our hearts are connected to them and I hope they can feel the arms around them in our place as God's great love for them, protecting them and guiding their futures.

So, as I prepare for my trip, I have alot on my mind. I am excited about the donations that have come in for the ministry that houses my boys (and 15 other special needs children!) and know they eek out as much benefit as they can from each penny!

My heart cry is that no child would be without.
Without parents.
Without a home.
Without food and water.
Without love and care.

I know in an imperfect world, there are those who suffer.
But I thank my Heavenly Father every day that two more orphans are coming home.
And I am so very blessed to be making this trip to Africa to meet the boys who have captured our hearts and prayers.

Soon, dear baby boys, I will be back to bring you home! But for now, I just can't wait to meet you!

No comments: