Monday, October 18, 2010

Brittany's Marathon Results

Official results from the Chicago 10-10-10 Marathon.

» Cameron, Brittany (USA)
Ocean View, NJ 40257 20-24 24 03:59:16


I got so busy having the grandsons here that I forgot to post the results of Britt's marathon.

26.2 miles in less than 4 hours!! I am so impressed by her determination and drive!
She placed in the top 8300 runners (which out of over 40,000 is pretty great too).

We had a great time going into the city by train and all the excitement of her run. Chicago is a busy place, and we all came home tired. I told Britt I was not sure how she ever did that race, because I was worn out just getting there to watch her!

She still has this week to raise funds for the fresh water wells in Africa.

I wish I had taken my camera to capture the kids wide eyes on the train. They were so excited to do things we had never done before. Then watching the thousands of people cheering on the runners, the cow bells ringing, and the excitment in the air. For a camera bug, I sure missed the mark on this one.

Then, just before we met up with Scotty and Tyler, my cell phone died!! It had the directions on it! Ugh!!

We made it, celebrated at the World Vision tent with Britt, and the team, then headed back to the train. When we arrived, exhausted, to our RV, one of the back tires was flat. And the spare was so tight we even got a CTA driver to help muscle the bolts off! It was a stressful couple of hours stuck in the city with a flat tire, but we were on our way as soon as Mike and Scotty got the tire changed.

We stopped at a highway overpass restaurant for dinner, and got home to our own beds for a restful sleep full of visions of a marathon for a great cause.

To most of you, this is old news. To me, it will never seem old. It was an amazing day, by an amazing woman. My daughter in love, Britt.

I am so glad we could celebrate this special time with her.

No comments: