Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandsons

I had a smile on my face most of yesterday afternoon.
I had been on a 3 day binge of scrapbooking, while Mike did his best to keep the home fires burning. When he was home after work, he was cooking, cleaning, and trying to keep the kids away from all my scrapping materials.

The phone rang, and I immediately noticed the lift in Mike's voice. It was our oldest grandson, Kaiden, calling. I could tell he and Mike were having a wonderful conversation.

After a short time, Mike was laughing so hard at the things Kaid was saying that he even started wheezing!! It was the total, out of control, belly laugh going on. Once I got the phone from him so I could hear Kaid's voice, Kaid was still chuckling. I told him the things he was saying to PaPa was making him laugh so very hard that I called it his "belly laugh." Kaid said, "I know. When papa laughs it sounds like this: HOOhOOhahaha (really deep mimicking!) But when I laugh it sounds like this: hahahahahaha." His imitation of them both was so funny, it made me laugh like crazy too.

We love that boy!! Mike was asking him for an update on how his brothers were. Well, Keegan was still coughing, but doing good, and Keane was smiling and a happy baby. It was a nice summary of the grandsons coming from his wonderful 4 year old perspective.

But the thing that we will remember most is his final words just before he hung up the phone.

"Next time I call I will make papa laugh again really hard. Because that makes me laugh too!"

Is there anything better in life than adorable grandsons?

No comments: