Monday, January 13, 2014

The Good. The bad. The ugly.

Although it seems so much longer, it has only been 10 days since we found our (prior to this event) house for sale. Ten very longgggggg days, dear hubby unexpectedly taking his first few days of vacation for the year to dry out and salvage all we can. The good news? He and our oldest son at home has now taken over 12000 pounds of wet and soggy wasted building materials to the dump, and perhaps now the drying out can commence. The bad? We have no funds to start the rebuild, so as soon as we can figure that piece out, we can start the work of rebuilding. This month marked the one year Anniversary of my mothers life in heaven, and at this instance, I am so very glad that her and dad don't have to see the damage. The stress at home could be cut through with a knife if it were visible. Some of the kids are understanding of this, but others are feeling the strain. We repeat: I think I can. I think I can. The ugly part? I am not handling the emotional part well at all. And it's just the beginning!!!!!!! So, how is that for being real? I am forcing myself to go through the motions right now. I KNOW my Father God is faithful and I know He will make a way when it seems there is no way. He is working in ways we can not see. I am standing on the promises that I have believed in. I can still say "God is good, all the time." So having friends bring coffee and prayers, having our oldest daughter tearing out sopping wet Sheetrock and insulation, and getting random calls and texts offering help when we need it is the most sanity I have felt in many days. Enjoying temps here in lower Michigan above the freezing mark and having new insulation around our pipes and crawl space walls in our "new" (yet quite old) house here so we can shower and cook is also wonderful. Knowing we have a plan and many prayers to help us keep going is certainly encouraging us these days. And perspective. My dear nephew by marriage woke to horrible news yesterday, when his sweet mother passed away unexpectedly. A life lost too soon, and a broken hearted family left to cherish her memory. When it comes down to it, life is the only thing that matters. Houses and material goods are just not as important. People matter. The rest is just an inconvenience. The good? We are all here The bad? Life is not always easy The ugly? It's an earthly life But heaven is real. God cares for us more than we can imagine. Doing what's best for eternity is what matters .

No comments: