Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Say what?

My six year old daughter was fighting with her 9 year old brother. When I stepped in to break up the screaming, she said, "I have anger issues! I am trying to work on them." Oy. My 11 year old just told me this morning she couldn't shower because she had just gotten dressed. I reminded her she could undress and put the same clothes on after her shower. "I can't," she whined. " My clothes will get wet!" What? I am not really as amazed as I used to be when one of the kids say something odd. With 12 kids I feel like I have heard it all. Like when the 10 year old animal lover comes out of her room while the others are saying, "we have frogs!", its probably safe to assume they do...and they are probably in her room. So many times I hear it, but tune it out, like most moms do. (Or maybe it's just me ? ) "Can we go to McDonalds to get ice cream, mom?" "No sweetie, I don't have money for that treat this week." "Just use your credit card." Yeah, they don't get it. My goal these days is to find the humor in the announcements. "Dad, I need your credit card." Um, no. Dad asks, "why?" "So I can order this on line. You can even put your credit card number in the space and it will save it for the next time we need to buy something," Yeah, some things they say shouldn't be ignored!! "0ops." I heard from the kitchen. I waited, then said "clean it up, please." "It's okay mom. We have another gallon down stairs." "But wasn't that a full gallon of milk?" "Not anymore." Aren't they precious?

No comments: