Saturday, March 24, 2012

The next adventure!

I feel like I am sitting on the edge of my chair these days!
Today I return to AFRICA to do all I can to complete the endless forms and appointments to complete our adoption. I will be spending two weeks there, on this huge quest, and am hoping with my whole heart that I will be returning before easter with my babies.
What a whirlwind!

I know when I wait for something it seems like it never gets here! Today, it feels like it came really fast this week, mostly because I couldn't get everything done that I planned to do. Ash has been such a great help and support over the last few days and weeks of waiting, and I have complete confidence in her and Mike while I am gone. I have alot of people committed to praying for me and the boys, and I totally feel God's presence going before me and preparing the way!

I am excited about 2 weeks with my dear friend Christina in Africa! She has a wonderful heart for our Lord, and is a wonderful visionary. She has been called to begin a new orphan ministry in Liberia and has asked Mike and I to partner in prayer with her as board members. I hope and pray there will be other ways to minister with her in this new endeavor and I am so excited to see what God's hand is doing in the land I have grown to love. The needs are great and children are waiting for a place to be loved and accepted. I know we are willing, so we ask God to open more doors for us as we travel there!

I am missing my dear Jenni who traveled in December with me. I felt so blessed to have her with me then, and this time it is in spirit! I know my room will be very still and quiet while I am alone, and I will miss her encouragement so very much. It's a huge and draining experience to be surrounded by all the needs and poverty and I am praying God comforts me and keeps me from loneliness.

My two littles, Tara and Tom finish up their Upwards Basketball season today. It's been a wonderful couple of months of watching them grow and hone their skills, and it's been awesome to see them learn to work together as a team member. I am so proud of them both!

Part of what drives me to adopt the boys from africa is due to the terrific growth I have seen in these 7 kids. Each of them came with poor diagnosis for health, mentally and physically, yet they are thriving and growing in ways we wondered if it would ever happen. There are trials, and heartbreak along the way, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I am thankful that God saw fit to make me their mother. I have great hope for the future of these boys and what they will accomplish! I know God has directed their little lives this far, and will continue to do it all. They are our miracle boys and will bring glory to the LORD!!

Thanks for prayers and encouragement!! Off we go!!

No comments: