Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday's are Wonderful

I celebrated my 50th birthday last Friday. It's funny how that number loomed in front of me for months, as if something tremendously devastating would happen when the clock struck midnight!! I must admit, I survived the big 5.0. and the days ahead look promising!

Yesterday my youngest son turned 6, and we are celebrating the birthday today with a water party. He doesn't know it yet, but besides the blow up pool in our back yard, he is also opening a new pool that looks like a whale and blows water at the swimmers from his spout!!

I love parties for 6 year olds. They are happy with so little, and enjoy it all so much. Around here, the kids get to go with me to the local grocery to pick out their birthday cake, their dinner or lunch foods, and get a special prize while we shop. Tommy wanted a football cake, but when I told him the other decorations were TRANSFORMERS, he decided on a white and yellow cake that we can put a real Transformer on top of!! So easily pursuaded!!

On the way to the grocery store, I asked Tom what he wanted to feed his guests. He has 7 cousins and neighbors coming over, along with his 6 siblings. He decided his dad could take his bb gun out and get a deer for lunch. He said that's what they did in the olden days. Well, since Dad had to go to work today, he choose a few different lunch items. Bagel bite pizzas, mini corn dogs, corn on the cob and ice cream in special cups. For a treat when they get hungry, it will be Spiderman fun fruits. A perfect lunch, as far as Tommy is concerned. And then topped off with that awesome Transformer cake!!

Myself, I was thrilled with a chocolate cake, and a special Cookie bouquet from my dear niece. I also had a bit of spoiling all weekend while we camped, and even got to take a saturday afternoon nap!! No noise. No kids. No kidding!!

I think today will be a fun day for the kids, and for me, it's a great feeling knowing once again, we can celebrate another year that is as perfect as a year can get - being a family, and being together forever.

Happy Birthday, Tommy boy!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to you and Tommy!!!!